izens Advice Mid Suffolk is an independent charity, reliant on local authority grants and donations. We are very grateful that many of you have provided financial support in the past.
In addition to providing free, confidential and impartial advice to everyone in need on all issues relating to; benefits, debt, employment, consumer rights, legal, relationship and family problems, health and education, we now also:
• Organise around 190 food parcels a year for clients and their families, which is one for every day that we are open.
• Provide a Family Law Advice Clinic every month which provides clients with free half hour sessions with a solicitor to assess family law problems and the options available to them.
• Run Outreach Advice Centres in Debenham and Elmswell. Twice monthly drop in service for rural communities.
• Home visits for benefit clients that have difficulties leaving their homes.
• Employment & Benefit Tribunal Representation with our Specialists.
• Mid Suffolk District Council Tenants have a dedicated team of money advisers to help them.
• Run a Multiple Sclerosis project, for families affected by MS .
Our office is currently closed to drop-in visitors. Please call us for advice or use the form on the website to contact us.
Contact us on 01449 676060 or 01449 676280 during opening times to speak to an Adviser.
Monday – 9.30am – 3.30pm
Tuesday – 9.30am – 3.30pm
Wednesday – 9.30am – 3.30pm
Thursday – 9.30am – 3.30pm
Friday – 9.30am – 12.30pm
T. 01449 673186
Citizens Advice Bureaux offer free, confidential, impartial and independent advice from over 3,500 locations. These include high streets, community centres, doctors' surgeries, courts and prisons.
Our advice helps people resolve their problems with debt, benefits, employment, housing, discrimination, and many more issues. It is available to everyone.
Advice may be given face-to-face or by phone. Most bureaux can arrange home visits and some also provide email advice. A growing number are piloting the use of text, online chat and webcams.
A Citizens Advice service is available in Debenham. Full details.
For further information on Citizens Advice, visit http://www.adviceguide.org.uk
What to bring to a bureau
Bringing the right paperwork with you can help the adviser resolve your problem more quickly.