Community transport schemes help people who cannot access conventional public transport because of where they live or because of mobility problems. They are operated by not-for-profit community groups and rely heavily on volunteers.
The Suffolkonboard website has information on community transport schemes, including
- Community Cars
- Suffolk Links (which provides connections to bus and train links in rural areas)
- Wheelchair accessible taxis
Getting to hospital
- Non-emergency hospital transport (PDF, 63KB) This NHS leaflet tells you about the service and how to access it if you are eligible.
- Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme help with travel costs to hospitals or other NHS premises
- Hospital Rides a car-sharing scheme for outpatient appointments and inpatient visiting based at Ipswich Hospital
- You might also ask at your GPs surgery, as some run car services to help people get to hospital
Other transport schemes
Updated September 2014