Suffolk Police are issuing security advice to caravan owners following a number of caravan thefts in the county.
At some point between Sunday 28 May and Wednesday 5 June offenders stole a Hobby Excellent caravan from a storage area on a site on Icklingham Road in West Stow.
At some point overnight on Tuesday 6- Wednesday 7 June three caravans were stolen from a storage area in a caravan park in Hinton. The caravans were all in a storage area rather than on pitches on site.
Police are looking into the possibility that these offences are linked, and are offering security advice to caravan owners across the county to prevent theft:
· Ensure your caravan is locked and securely stored
· Fit a tracking device and an alarm to your vehicle
· Invest in good quality locks and lock the coupling head into a cover
· Lock the wheels with locking wheel nuts
· Keep valuables elsewhere if possible or out of sight
· Consider security marking
Anyone with any information about the crimes should contact Suffolk police on 101 quoting crime reference number 37/40267/17. For more security advice on how to secure your caravan please see www.suffolk.police.uk/advice/crime-prevention-z .