Police are appealing for witnesses following the theft of a horse trailer from the Debenham area.
Sometime between 3pm on Thursday 5th and 3pm Friday 6th October 2017 a green Richardson Rice horse trailer was stolen from a field off Kenton Road in Debenham. The trailer, which has a reversing mirror attached to the front, contained 30-40 bales of hay.
If you saw the trailer being moved or have information on the trailer's whereabouts, please call Suffolk Police on 101 quoting reference 37/65588/17
Horse trailers are easy targets for thieves unless security measures are taken.
· Where possible park the trailer in a locked barn or behind secured gates.
· Fit a tow hitchlock and if possible chain the towing arm to something solid. Use a heavy duty motorbike type chain which are very difficult to crop.
· Use a wheel clamp on a rear wheel. Immobilising the rear wheel stop the trailer being moved if the trailer is lifted at the front.
· Fit a tracker to your trailer - these have come down dramatically in price and can be linked and operated from your mobile phone
· Mark the trailer roof with vinyl lettering or paint.