The Tree Policy for the parish of Worlingworth:
- Native trees and shrubs where possible to be chosen by Worlingworth Parish Council Tree Warden.
- A maximum spend of £100 per household per annum. Additional requests will be considered on merit and on a matched funding basis.
- The planting, watering and upkeep will be the responsibility of the resident.
- Inspection from the Tree Warden to be undertaken to check on health and care during the first year
- Priority to be given to trees alongside roads and footpaths.
Please contact Tree Warden Victoria Alexander (firstname.lastname@example.org / 01728 627926) if you would like to find out how you can receive some help with planting new trees, shrubs and hedging.
A typical native hedge plant mix would consist of :-
10% Field Maple
5% Wild Dogwood
5% Guelder Rose or Wayfaring tree
2% Dog Rose (Rosa canina).
Plus Bullace, flame willow…
If you're interested in the environment please check out the Nature Notes monthly newsletter - just click here to go direct to the page.